Draft Minutes from today's call 26 May 2016

From: Frederick Hirsch <hirsch@fjhirsch.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 10:28:37 -0400
To: W3C Device APIs WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Attached are draft minutes from today's DAS call, 26 May 2016.

Our next call is 2 June, please make a note of it (we are changing to the other alternate week). I have to give regrets for that call, so Dom will chair.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch

# Device and Sensors Working Group Teleconference

## 26 May 2016

See also: [IRC log][4]

## Attendees

    Frederick_Hirsch, Mats_Wichmann, Andrey_Logvinov, Dom

    Tobie, Anssi

## Contents

  * [Topics][5]

    1. [Welcome, scribe selection, agenda review, announcements][6]

    2. [Minutes approval][7]

    3. [TPAC][8]

    4. [Battery][9]

    5. [Sensor Privacy][10]

    6. [sensors][11]

    7. [WakeLock API][12]

    8. [Other Business][13]

    9. [Adjourn][14]

  * [Summary of Action Items][15]

  * [Summary of Resolutions][16]

* * *

<fjh> trackbot, start telecon

<trackbot> Meeting: Device and Sensors Working Group Teleconference

<trackbot> Date: 26 May 2016

<fjh_> ScribeNick: mats

<dom> [Tobie shared with me his regrets]

### Welcome, scribe selection, agenda review, announcements

<fjh> Dom sent update on Network Information API incubation, see

<fjh_> this may take a while, fits current process

<fjh_> Note change to meeting schedule, starting in June: 2 June, 16 June, 30
June etc. (the alternate week from earlier, same time)

<fjh_> [https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-

fjh: can't chair 2 June

dom: will chair

<fjh_> Will have call next week, 2 June, Anssi and Tobie should be able to

### Minutes approval

<fjh_> Approve minutes from 12 May 2016

<fjh_> proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 12 May 2016 are approved,

**RESOLUTION: Minutes from 12 May 2016 are approved,

### TPAC

<fjh_> joint Geo/DAS meeting at TPAC?

<fjh_> Travis mentioned in TAG review that looking at geolocation would be
useful, so we should have joint session

dom: makes sense if we're going to rewrite device orientation API

### Battery

<fjh_> Test status update, next steps

<fjh_> [https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-

<fjh_> much progress, need to figure out remaining failures

### Sensor Privacy

<fjh_> Sensor privacy analysis -
[http://lukaszolejnik.com/SensorsPrivacyReport.pdf][21] (Lukasz)

<fjh_> should this lead to a W3C note?

<fjh_> need to figure out next steps

<fjh_> **ACTION:** fjh to send email to Lukasz asking re next steps for
privacy or call participation [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2016/05/26-dap-

<trackbot> Created ACTION-757 - Send email to lukasz asking re next steps for
privacy or call participation [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2016-06-02].

### sensors

<fjh_> I have some questions I'll send by email

<fjh_> defer sensor discussion until Tobie available

### WakeLock API

<Andrey_Logvinov> [https://github.com/w3c/wake-lock/pull/63][23]

<fjh_> andrey: pull request with privacy and security section, can Dom review

<fjh_> **ACTION:** fjh to follow up with giri re TPAC [recorded in

<trackbot> Created ACTION-758 - Follow up with giri re tpac [on Frederick
Hirsch - due 2016-06-02].

### Other Business

<fjh_> None

### Adjourn

## Summary of Action Items

**[NEW]** **ACTION:** fjh to follow up with giri re TPAC [recorded in

**[NEW]** **ACTION:** fjh to send email to Lukasz asking re next steps for
privacy or call participation [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2016/05/26-dap-

## Summary of Resolutions

  1. [Minutes from 12 May 2016 are approved, http://www.w3.org/2016/05/12-dap-

[End of minutes]

* * *

Minutes formatted by David Booth's [scribe.perl][28] version 1.144 ([CVS

$Date: 2015/11/17 08:39:34 $

   [1]: https://www.w3.org/Icons/w3c_home

   [2]: http://www.w3.org/

   [3]: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-