Re: [sensors] Privacy - identifying parameters

From: Lukasz Olejnik via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 16:00:18 +0000
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
I'd just write it down in the privacy considerations (that identifying
 parameters and sets of sensors with physical position) should be
considered - as in the first post in this issue.

As for examples - at the moment I am unaware of any, but we could
write the considerations in a generic manner. Still, if the spec
considers that this information can be available (if I understand
correctly, it does?), we should document that this is available
through the API.

Then, if we'll have more details, we can then make an update.

So something like:

>     In case a sensor type has more than one sensors, identifying
parameters can potentially be used for fingerprinting the user's
device.

> The list of sensors along with their physical location in a device
can potentially be used for identifying purposes to fingerprint the
user's device

--
GitHub Notification of comment by lknik
Please view or discuss this issue at