RE: [battery] getBattery() test case feedback

From: Zhang, Zhiqiang <zhiqiang.zhang@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 06:51:45 +0000
To: W3C Device APIs WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Hi,

I got stuck in running these 2 manual tests,

http://www.w3c-test.org/battery-status/battery-plugging-in-manual.html

http://www.w3c-test.org/battery-status/battery-unplugging-manual.html

Only Firefox got pass for the latter one; Chrome for Windows once got the pass for the first one, but I could not reproduce it. Seems it is hard to check the (dis)chargingtimechange events.

Maybe this is caused by a note in the specification, "The definition of how often the chargingtimechange, dischargingtimechange, and levelchange events are fired is left to the implementation."

Anyhow, I re-generated the test results and created a snapshot at

https://w3c.github.io/test-results/battery-status/20160119.html

Thanks,
Zhiqiang