RE: [battery] getBattery() test case feedback

Hi Anssi,

Please check the inline comment prefixed [Zhiqiang].

From: Kostiainen, Anssi
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 2:43 PM
To: Zhang, Zhiqiang <zhiqiang.zhang@intel.com>
Cc: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>; W3C Device APIs WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Subject: Re: [battery] getBattery() test case feedback

On 24 Feb 2016, at 08:58, Zhang, Zhiqiang <zhiqiang.zhang@intel.com<mailto:zhiqiang.zhang@intel.com>> wrote:

Just for your information.

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux [mailto:dom@w3.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 1:23 AM

I've found a bug in how idlharness was being used for battery, and have
brought a patch:
https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/2469

With that patch (and the the promise-throw patch to ildharness), Firefox gets
100% on the idlharness test. Chrome has 4 failures:
* one due to throwing instead of rejecting on promise returning methods (in
this case, getBattery())

Do we know if this last remaining issue is being fixed in Chrome i.e. is there an open issue?

[Zhiqiang] Seems so, but I don't know if there is an open issue.

* one due to a bad class string for the prototype of BatteryManager (not sure
where that comes from)
* two due to not implementing addEventListener/removeEventListener as
expected.

The last 2 failures of idlharness tests have been fixed by Chrome 49 at

https://crbug.com/353484

Awesome!

I will update the testing results soon after the last test revision.

With these fixes we should be down to one failing test case if I counted correctly (the first one noted).

[Zhiqiang] Yes.

In the test results w/o these fixes, the two latter failures have been now fixed in Chrome when 353484 has landed IIUC:

https://w3c.github.io/test-results/battery-status/all.html