Re: Vibration API published as Proposed Edited Recommendation

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 08:50:06 +0200
To: "Lukasz Olejnik (W3C)" <lukasz.w3c@gmail.com>
Cc: W3C Device APIs WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Hi Lukasz,

On 18/08/2016 23:27, Lukasz Olejnik (W3C) wrote:
> I'm just wondering whether [1] will be included? Thanks.
>
> [1] https://github.com/w3c/vibration/issues/12

>From a process point of view, it can't, since the PER was published
without it; we would have to go through another PER review phase to add
that additional text.

>From a more substantive point of view, I'm personally not convinced that
the the threat you describe in [1] is one that is worth highlighting in
the privacy considerations; but obviously that's up to the group to
decide. If we do decide it needs addressing, there are a variety of options:
* following the current PER directly with another PER review
* stashing this issue for another round of errata inclusion at a later phase
* marking this for inclusion in a v2 of the spec (should we decide there
needs to be one)