Re: Summary of rationale for discontinuing the Web Intents work

On 10/19/15 7:33 PM, Frederick Hirsch wrote:
> At the time we did have a summary of the rationale for discontinuing the WebIntents work, we might want to make it more visible.

That's a good idea Frederick.

> The summary is in the following message (and the response regarding resuming below)
>
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-intents/2013Mar/0000.html (21 March 2013)
>
> This was followed by a CfC to shelve:
>
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-intents/2013May/0002.html (8 May 2013)
>
> and publication of the WebIntents Note:
>
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-intents/2013May/0006.html (23 May 2013)
>
> Later we asked whether to revisit and decided not to:
>
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-intents/2014Jul/0000.html (2 July 2014 re revisiting)

The Note clearly states the spec work was stopped but doesn't include
any rationale. Perhaps the Note should be updated to include rationale
and/or include links to such documents/info.

I suppose another option would be to add rationale to the wiki (although
I don't know how "visible" the wiki is)
<https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebIntents>.

(BTW, it appears the ED link in the wiki should be changed to
<https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/web-intents/raw-file/tip/spec/Overview-respec.html>.)

-AB