Re: Introduction of WebI2C and WebGPIO

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 08:35:32 +0200
Drasko DRASKOVIC <drasko.draskovic@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Satoru,
> Interesting project.
>
> I think you should take a look at WeIO (http://we-io.com), which has Python
> WS server embedded on the board and exposes JavaSript API (to be used in
> browser) to manipulate the HW.

The site seems to be down. I could not view the site.
It is not JavaScript API, is it?

Anyway, the local-server architecture is realistic for now.
But the architecture works only in systems which allow
us to install a websocket server or a web server freely
and easily.

I don't deny the architecture. It will be usefull forever.
But there are many situations which not allow us to
install any servers freely and easily, such as Firefox OS.
Besides, W3C is not appropriate for standardization of
such architecture.

The local-server architecture has a disadvantage.
It is latency.
If browsers implement GPIO/I2C API directly,
the disadvantage would be solved.

We need both of the archtectures.

Cheers,
Futomi