Re: [admin] Welcome to the DAP WG!

> On Mar 16, 2015, at 6:57 PM, Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com> wrote:
>
> Alexis

Hi,

> Welcome to the Device APIs Working Group!

Thanks.

> If you have not already done so, please review the group charter  [1],   the public working group page and its roadmap [2], and the  approved and draft meeting  minutes [3]. The working group page has information on our meetings  [4], including our teleconferences. You will want to use IRC at meetings [5] and if a dedicated IRC client does not work you can use the web client [6].
>
> All of our technical work is to be done on our public mailing list ( public-device-apis@w3.org ) [7] and in our Media Capture task force [8] and WebIntents task force (not active) [9].  Please note that mail for the task forces does not appear on the DAP mailing list, so you have to join the task forces explicitly to participate. The task forces may also have additional teleconferences.
>
> Please introduce yourself on this mailing list indicating who you are, why you are interested in participating in the Device APIs WG,  which parts of the charter are of particular interest, your expectations, and where you might be able to contribute.

My name is Alexis Menard, I currently work at Intel Open Source Technology Center. I’m based in Brazil (at home) where I work mostly on Chromium, Crosswalk (an HTML5 runtime for Android and other platforms) and various web related topics. I used to be involved in implementing CSS features in WebKit and then Blink but I’m not as active as before, however I keep doing some work in the CSS engine of Blink.

I’ve requested to join this group because I recently implemented some prototype using Intel Galileo where I tried to use the web stack from the device itself to the client (the phone). I’m very interested on how we can expose to the Web the various sensors attached to the board and how we can make easy to work with them. I’m looking forward to join the work started in the Generic Sensor API space.

> Please note that our next call is scheduled for this Thursday, 19 March, however we might cancel this call. The schedule is listed at http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/minutes.html#upcoming-teleconferences

Ok.