Re: [sensors] Dependency on [DOM] due to inheriting from EventTarget

From: Tobie Langel via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 07:41:39 +0000
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
So I don't want to block the spec on this issue. We're currently
basing the design on `EventTarget`, but are ready to change this
should consensus arise around `Observable`, `EventEmitter` or whatnot,
 in the relevant circles (TC39, I guess?).

While I know that swapping  `EventTarget` for `EventEmitter` would
take me a minute, I'm not so sure such a change would be that simple
with `Observable`. @zenparsing and others interested by that topic, it
 would be great if you could have a look at the new API design
proposals (#46) and comment on whether they would be easily adaptable
or not, and if not, what modifications would be needed to make them
forward compatible with `Observable`.

--
GitHub Notif of comment by tobie
See https://github.com/w3c/sensors/issues/21#issuecomment-111395848