Re: [sensors] Dependency on [DOM] due to inheriting from EventTarget

From: Rick Waldron via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 20:52:51 +0000
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
> Note that there are no DOM dependenices in the example as far as I
can tell.

Don't get hung up on this. The **only** reason that EventTarget is
being used is because it's the closest thing to EventEmitter. If that
existed, we wouldn't have this problem, because:

```js
var location = new Sensor.GPS();

location.once("change", function() {
  // Located.
  console.log(location.latitude, location.longitude);
});
```

--
GitHub Notif of comment by rwaldron