Re: [sensors] Dependency on [DOM] due to inheriting from EventTarget

From: Jafar Husain via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 17:56:25 +0000
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
Can you clarify? Are you concerned about performance? If so, why would
 calling an event target handler be any better?

The main advantage of using an observable is that it makes it easy to
compose multiple sensors together. Developers have to deal with more
and more streaming data sources and I think it's imperative that we
give them a compositional mechanism for combining them together. In
addition to allowing sampling, throttling, and debouncing, observable
can declaratively combine sensors together, and declaratively
discontinue listening to some signals when other sensor messages
arrive.

When I get a chance I'll see if I can put together a simple code
example demonstrating the type of composition that I'm talking about.

--
GitHub Notif of comment by jhusain
See https://github.com/w3c/sensors/issues/21#issuecomment-108032052