Bringing orientation spec to DAP

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 17:12:35 +0200
To: W3C Device APIs WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Hi,

During our previous meeting [1], I took ACTION-737 to discuss with the
Geo Working Group chair and staff contact on the idea of DAP possibly
taking up the work on the next generation sensor-pattern-based API for
what is currently exposed via the DeviceOrientation spec:
http://w3c.github.io/deviceorientation/spec-source-orientation.html

Giri was open to the idea that DAP might host that work, and is now
checking whether the broader Geo group would be as well:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/2015Jul/0003.html (thanks
Giri)

I've prepared a pull request to that effect to the draft new charter for
DAP:
https://github.com/w3c/dap-charter/pull/12

Dom

1.