Re: CfC: Set up automatic WD publication of Wake Lock API based on ED changes : respond by 28 January

From: <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 17:53:30 +0300
To: "Kostiainen, Anssi" <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Cc: Ilya Bogdanovich <bogdanovichiy@yandex-team.ru>, Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com>, W3C Device APIs WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>, Andrey Logvinov <alogvinov@yandex-team.ru>
14.01.2015, 17:43, "Kostiainen, Anssi" <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>:
>>  On 14 Jan 2015, at 14:54, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org> wrote:
>>
>>  On 14/01/2015 13:48, Ilya Bogdanovich wrote:
>>>  +1 from Yandex’s editors of Wake Lock API draft :)
>>  +1 as well; once this s properly set up, it will avoid confusion between editors drafts and TR drafts, and will also save time from your beloved staff contact :)
>
> +1. I'd like to adopt this to the specifications I edit in this group after (assumed) successful experiment with the Wake Lock API.

That would be good too.

(Note that one of my criteria for "success", as a periodic participant, is that I can handle the rate of change of specs. I.e. if they change every day, and there is no way to understand what changed without a detailed trawl of the mailing list, I would count that as a problem. But I believe editors can easily handle that problem, at least for specs that aren't monstruously large).

And on that basis, and assuming Frederick is right that editors can stage changes rather than literally every little commit creating a new TR version, +1 :)

cheers