Re: Re ACTION-723 user denial of captured file leading to no capture

From: Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 14:26:51 +0000
To: "Zhang, Zhiqiang" <zhiqiang.zhang@intel.com>, W3C Device APIs WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Hi All,

> On 13 Jan 2015, at 07:15, Zhang, Zhiqiang <zhiqiang.zhang@intel.com> wrote:
>
> I tried to create some tests to check the "user denial of captured file leading to no capture" (ACTION-723) and the spec update "When the capture attribute is specified, the user agent MUST NOT save the captured media to any data storage, local or remote"; but found it is difficult to figure out a good pass/fail criteria for these tests; so I haven't submitted them to the w-p-t repo. Feel free to try them (the first 6 files) at
>
> http://zqzhang.github.io/experiment/camera/capture_audio-manual.html
>
> http://zqzhang.github.io/experiment/camera/capture_audio_cancel-manual.html
>
> http://zqzhang.github.io/experiment/camera/capture_image-manual.html
>
> http://zqzhang.github.io/experiment/camera/capture_image_cancel-manual.html
>
> http://zqzhang.github.io/experiment/camera/capture_video-manual.html
>
> http://zqzhang.github.io/experiment/camera/capture_video_cancel-manual.html
>
> Any comments or tips are welcome.
>
> Many thanks to Cathy for her suggestion at
>
> https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/306#issuecomment-39578557

Given it appears this assertion (see above) is hard to test reliably (thanks Zhiqiang for experimenting with test cases), I plan to revert the following change I made to the spec in the coming weeks unless I hear otherwise:

  http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2009/dap/camera/Overview.src.html.diff?r1=1.13;r2=1.14;f=h

The change was done in an attempt to address this concern raised on the mailing list some time ago (see the thread for details):

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Oct/0022.html

Thanks,