RE: DAP-ACTION-730: Ask zhiqiang to update the battery test suite to match latest battery spec (coordinating with marcos)

Hi Anssi,

The battery test suite has been updated to reflect the latest spec at

https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/issues?q=label%3Abattery-status+is%3Aclosed

You can try again the updated tests at

http://www.w3c-test.org/battery-status/

... and check my comment inline for your feedback.

This has nothing to do with timeout. The tests are buggy and fixed at

https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/commit/8978c3804af01b01bef6e3ea6ecb052bf90c7d8d

> [[
>
> assert_less_than: The value of the level attribute must decrease expected a
> number but got a "undefined"
>
> ]]
>
> It may be also useful to indicate to the user that the test is running and not
> hung while waiting for the onlevelchange.
>
> * battery-full-manual.html
>
> Pass.
>
> * battery-interface-idlharness.html
> * battery-interface.html
>
> These tests are per the old spec, to be updated. If we can get good enough
> coverage with the idlharness only, we can actually drop battery-
> interface.html and update the battery-interface-idlharness.html per the
> latest CR.

At current being, still keep them both.

> * battery-promise.html
>
> Pass.
>
> * battery-plugged-in-manual.html
> * battery-unplugged-manual.html
>
> To be updated to the latest CR.

Updated. And the tests have been renamed to better reflect the test precondition and user interaction:

* battery-plugging-in-manual.html
* battery-unplugging-manual.html

Again, all feedback is welcome.

Thanks,