Re: [battery] Battery API and fingerprinting

Hi,

> On 09 Jul 2015, at 00:09, Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com> wrote:
>
> Concrete Battery API suggestions from "A privacy analysis of the HTML5 Battery Status API"
>
> * "we believe the Battery Status API could mention the risk of exposing high precision readouts in the “Security and privacy considerations” section of the standard."
>
> * "We believe, as a minimum, users should be able to choose to be asked for battery access by Web scripts. As an alternative, browsers can enforce the user permission requirement in their private browsing modes."
>
> * information on the API use could be made available to the user to aid transparency
>
> This paper highlights (yet again) how detailed and accurate information can be used to fingerprint

Thanks for the suggestions. I reworded the security and privacy considerations section [1] per feedback. For details, see [2].

All - please review and suggest improvements if any.

[1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/default/battery/Overview.html#security-and-privacy-considerations

[2] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/diff/abe11905e4dc/battery/Overview.src.html