Re: [W3C TCP and UDP Socket API]: Status and home for this specification

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 16:11:55 +0200
To: "Nilsson, Claes1" <Claes1.Nilsson@sonymobile.com>
Cc: "public-sysapps@w3.org" <public-sysapps@w3.org>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Device APIs Working Group <public-device-apis@w3.org>, Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>, "slightlyoff@chromium.org" <slightlyoff@chromium.org>, "yasskin@gmail.com" <yasskin@gmail.com>
On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 3:58 PM, Nilsson, Claes1
<Claes1.Nilsson@sonymobile.com> wrote:
> However, work is ongoing in the Web App Sec WG that may provide basis
> for a security model for this API. Please read section 4,
> http://www.w3.org/2012/sysapps/tcp-udp-sockets/#security-and-privacy-considerations

I don't see anything there that makes TCP or UDP possible. It has

# Explicit trust for the requesting webapp based on the security
# system of the web runtime this API is implemented in.

but no such thing exists (standardized).

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/