See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 02 October 2014
<scribe> ScribeNick: fjh
<scribe> ACTION: dom to check on call-in access to TPAC plenary day breakout sessions, e.g. web api for health care sensors, next steps for web of things [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/10/02-dap-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-721 - Check on call-in access to tpac plenary day breakout sessions, e.g. web api for health care sensors, next steps for web of things [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2014-10-09].
Welcome to James from Tencent: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Sep/0093.html
Approve minutes from 18 September 2014
proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 18 September 2014 are approved
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 18 September 2014 are approved
Breakout on Web API for Health Care sensors, http://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC2014/SessionIdeas#Web_API_for_Health_Care_Sensors
"Determine interest in 'Web API for Health Care Sensors' topic & possible next steps (e.g. workshop/Community Group/IG) , discuss background/scope"
fjh: I have set up this session to be at the high level think it has value to understand higher level, requirements and vertical
... I have gotten feedback that maybe we do not need this session since it could be part of Bluetooth LE CG etc
... my response is that although that is relevant it is too low level to go straight to protocol, need to better understand application, requirements and higher level which is what this session is for
dom: agree ; could invite Bluetooth CG to present to get that input but also valuable to understand higher level issues and needs
... for example privacy
... what other platforms do in this space, such as Apple Healthkit
... agree bluetooth is part of the solution but too eearly to say if entire solution
... need more info, should set expectations in advance.
<scribe> ACTION: fjh to follow up on inviting Bluetooth CG presentation at breakout [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/10/02-dap-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-722 - Follow up on inviting bluetooth cg presentation at breakout [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2014-10-09].
fjh: are breakouts an hour
see also Trust and Permissions in the Open Web Platform breakout
also Next Steps for the Web of Things looks interesting
TPAC registration deadline 8 October 2014, http://www.w3.org/2014/11/TPAC/
Call for Participation "W3C Workshop on Privacy and User–Centric Controls" http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Sep/0091.html
fjh: this is relevant to what we have done in DAP, will be relevant and useful to see what the latest thinking is, maybe some useful approaches
... anssik, do you know anyone that would be interested in submitting a position paper and/or participating in this privacy workshop?
fjh: Cordova Update, other updates?
... Lisa not on call so will continue
<anssik> fjh, we've informed our internal people
fjh: anssik, thanks
Follow up on test case errors, and appropriate contacts for Firefox and Chromium: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/ImplementationStatus
Are more tests required to covert Cathy Chan's comments? (I believe this has been done and implementation page can be updated, please confirm)
fjh: anssik, do you have any update on HTML Media Capture, do you know correct contacts? I sent email to Mounir and Raphael da Costa
<anssik> fjh, I replied to the thread with information
fjh: anssik, I must have missed that email, will check
<anssik> fjh, there's a patch that should be landed in Q4 that will fix the issue
<anssik> patch to fix that http://crbug.com/43394
anssik, when will that patch be implemented and how will we know
<anssik> fjh, the owner says in the bug that he'll try to get that landed in Q4
<anssik> if you look at the bug, it's been open for 4 years now
<anssik> it is a rather complex and intrusive change, must poke V8 here and there
<anssik> the update from the owner 6 days ago: "I'm working on this when I have a cycle (and aiming at completing it by the end of Q4)."
fjh: sounds to me that this means we cannot complete HTML Media Capture this year, the tests will not be complete this year
dom: right, tests will not complete this year, could progress document, if we agree to reduce WebIDL dependency
<anssik> fjh, FWIW, this is a generic idlharness.js blocker
dom: however if we truly think this WebIDL issue will be addressed this year then can wait
anssik, do you have a degree of confidence on whether this will truly be addressed this year
<anssik> ... or better, a bug in Chromium that means all the tests using idlharness.js will show red for similar tests
dom: some groups have avoided limitation by demoting WebIDL dependency but then we need to go back to LC
<anssik> fjh, I trust in the owner's judgement that he can land this
<anssik> also Web Components folks want this fix landed increasing the probability that will happen
dom: can decide to use WebIDL only for syntax not semantics, e.g. like geolocation
fjh: anssik, thanks, so it sounds we can have confidence in patch landing this year, so no need to start workaround
<anssik> just try a random test suite in Chrome from w-p-t and it will show red for similar reasons
fjh: if we delay a bit and go forward early next year that should work
dom: sounds good to me
cathy: two parts to comment, first part closed
... second part, verifying that when you have capture, that if user decides no, that you have no file
... not sure this part tested
<scribe> ACTION: zhiqiang to add test for user denial of captured file leading to no capture [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/10/02-dap-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-723 - Add test for user denial of captured file leading to no capture [on Zhiqiang Zhang - due 2014-10-09].
anssik, Please note I also gave action to zhiqiang re cathy potential additional test needed
fjh: believe we are waiting for proposal from Rick. Anything else to add?
anssik, have you been in contact with Rick about this?
<anssik> the redesign is a major thing, takes time
<anssik> I'd like to get the right people together to work on it, having Rick in the group is a great start
fjh: right, interested to know if it is in progress, however
... good to know if work has started and who is involved.
Reminder, CfC Vibration API test report correct and complete; respond by 7 October
fjh: Update or discussion?
... not sure we need to discuss
<trackbot> ACTION-712 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to Look into chartering extensibility -- due 2014-09-18 -- OPEN
dom: plan to work on this before TPAC
fjh: topic for chairs breakfast or focus first on our group
dom: lets start with our group
Review upcoming meeting schedule.
Next meeting scheduled for next week 9 October, http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/minutes.html#upcoming-teleconferences
23 October now possible, but week before TPAC.
fjh: trying to figure out upcoming meetings, what we need and is workable
... do we need a call next week? after that we have no call until 13 nov.
... I propose we cancel next week and use the list until the 13 nov
proposed RESOLUTION: Cancel 27 November (US Thanksgiving) and 25 December, 1 January
RESOLUTION: Cancel 27 November (US Thanksgiving) and 25 December, 1 January
fjh: updates and status can go on the list, do not see any proposals so suggest we cancel next week
... we already had this call to syncronize
... and can talk at TPAC informally
RESOLUTION: cancel call on 9 October
<trackbot> ACTION-718 -- Frederick Hirsch to Set up tpac breakout on web api for health care sensors -- due 2014-09-25 -- PENDINGREVIEW
<trackbot> Closed ACTION-718.
<trackbot> ACTION-719 -- Frederick Hirsch to Follow up with rwaldron -- due 2014-09-25 -- PENDINGREVIEW
<trackbot> Closed ACTION-719.
<trackbot> ACTION-720 -- Frederick Hirsch to Send cfc asking if vibration test and implementation report is correct and complete -- due 2014-09-25 -- PENDINGREVIEW
<trackbot> Closed ACTION-720.