Re: Vibration

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 14:56:34 +0100
To: "Kostiainen, Anssi" <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com>, Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>, Device APIs Working Group <public-device-apis@w3.org>
On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 2:48 PM, Kostiainen, Anssi
<anssi.kostiainen@intel.com> wrote:
> Improved the "perform vibration" steps:
>
>   http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/vibration/#dfn-perform-vibration
>
> Would "this context" work considering reusability in other contexts?

"this context" doesn't really mean anything which is why I suggested
to just omit it. We don't really need to be super precise here I think
since this seems like an implementation detail (or something
implementations can compete on in terms of quality). No need for
interoperability.

>> (Should navigator.vibrate() be present in workers by the way?)
>
> The known implementations do not expose this to workers currently. That would require a bit more refactoring. Perhaps that'd be a v2 feature after some experimentation in code first.

Fair.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/