Re: [light] Clarifying Ambient Light proposal for CfC

On 15 May 2014, at 22:27, Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com> wrote:

> Thus I would like to clarify which proposal we should consider at this time, and confirm that we have implementer support for it:
>
> 1) Move state into DeviceLightEvent, remove LightLevelEvent, as documented in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Apr/0043.html
>
> 2) Remove LightLevelEvent entirely, no change to DeviceLightEvent

The option 2 aligns the spec with the known implementations:

https://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/ImplementationStatus#Ambient_Light_Events

This will allow us to pass the interop phase.

Later, we can extend the DeviceLightEvent as per 1 if we get support from implementers. If we'd choose the option 1 now, we’d block on the interop.

> I think we discussed #2 on the call today, but I would like to confirm in case #1 is the actual proposal.
>
> Once this is clear I can send a CfC.

My recommendation would be to send the CfC for the option 2 and see if there are concerns from implementers and others.