RE: NSD spec implementation feedback

From: FABLET Youenn <Youenn.Fablet@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 09:44:05 +0000
To: "w3c@fjhirsch.com" <w3c@fjhirsch.com>
CC: "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>

I am not sure that more abstraction is needed, though maybe to cope with discovery protocol data filtering.
Using the NSD API in the context of a browser extension may be much simpler than for an untrusted web app: no UI, no data filtering, no CORS, no whitelisting...
Reorganizing the spec so that browser developers can start implementing the easy bits in a consistent way may help adoption.

Regards,
                Youenn