Re: Battery Status API asynchronous amendment

On Fri, 2 May 2014, at 18:35, Kostiainen, Anssi wrote:
> That said, this would still pose some near-term challenges for the
> interop and testing, given optionality that must be introduced in the
> specification.
>
> Perhaps someone from Mozilla could clarify how the transition in Firefox
> is planned to be handled, so that we can give some reasonable guidance
> for implementers in the spec?

We can expect web developers to use feature detection for the Battery
API so the path to deprecation could be as simple as removing
navigator.battery from Gecko. It would be good if Gecko had metrics on
the Battery API usage but given the situation, I think removing the
feature and see how things go would be the best way forward. Things
might be a bit different for Firefox OS but hopefully Mozilla can change
its own apps and notify third party developers about the change.

-- Mounir