[battery] CfC for Battery API Last Call - decision is not to publish right now

The CfC period for publishing a Last Call of the Battery API ends today with the decision that we will NOT publish a Last Call of the Battery API at this time.

We discussed this on yesterday’s DAP call and the consensus on the call was not to advance this specification to Last Call until we have a stable draft that has been reviewed by the WG [1].

Some specific reasons not to advance to Last Call right now include the following:

1. there have been numerous editorial updates based on feedback during the CfC period, so we would like a chance to review those changes before progressing

2. We need to confirm that all specific concrete feedback has been addressed, some related actions include Anssi ACTION-702

3. The examples could use some simplification and revision, Anssi took an action, ACTION-700

4. We may wish to consider an update relating to the handling of low battery thresholds, Giri took an action, ACTION-699

5. we might wish to add a warning related to battery usage caused by this API

I do not expect a significant delay because of these changes, if we have an updated draft in a few weeks we can consider LC publication then.

Thanks for the review, list discussion and to the editors for timely updates. Let’s continue with the actions and review on the public list.

Thanks

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair DAP