W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > June 2014

Re: [admin] Agenda - DAP Distributed Meeting 12 June 2014

From: Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 16:35:57 -0400
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com>, Ilya Bogdanovich <bogdanovichiy@yandex-team.ru>, W3C Device APIs WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Message-Id: <F86D8F89-E14B-4DD1-924B-7F1FE369BC72@fjhirsch.com>
To: Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ldeluca@us.ibm.com>
Lisa

That would be helpful, thanks.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair DAP
@fjhirsch



On Jun 10, 2014, at 4:29 PM, Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ldeluca@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I can give an update on the Cordova w3c alignment progress as well at the meeting this thursday. 
> 
> 
> Lisa
> 
> Lisa Seacat DeLuca
> OmniChannel Mobile Development Engineer - Apache Cordova Committer - IBM Master Inventor
> SWG Open Technologies and Cloud Performance
> Phone: 1-410-332-2128 | Mobile: 1-415-787-4589
> E-mail: ldeluca@us.ibm.com
> personal website: lisaseacat.com
> Chat:<Mail Attachment.jpeg> ldeluca@us.ibm.com 
> Find me on: <Mail Attachment.jpeg> <Mail Attachment.jpeg> and within IBM on: <Mail Attachment.jpeg> 	
> <Mail Attachment.gif>
> 
> 100 East Pratt St 21-2212
> Baltimore, MD 21202-1009
> United States
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> From:        Ilya Bogdanovich <bogdanovichiy@yandex-team.ru> 
> To:        Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com> 
> Cc:        W3C Device APIs WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>, Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com> 
> Date:        06/09/2014 10:29 AM 
> Subject:        Re: [admin] Agenda - DAP Distributed Meeting 12 June 2014 
> 
> 
> 
> Hi Frederick, all, 
> 
> Unfortunately, I wont be able to participate on 12 June - we have a public holiday in Russia and Ill be out of office without network. Looking forward to join next meeting and discuss the Standby API proposals and further work on it. 
> 
> Regards, 
> Ilya 
> 
> On 06  2014 ., at 19:41, Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com> wrote: 
> 
> Agenda  Device APIs Working Group  Distributed Meeting 12 June 2014
> 
> Meeting details at the bottom of this email.
> 
> 1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection, announcements
> 
> Welcome to new group participants:
> 
> Ilya (Yandex) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014May/0063.html
> 
> Yuan (Microsoft) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014May/0062.html
> 
> Zhiqiang (intel), Mikio (Mitsubishi Electric) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0018.html
> 
> Announcements:
> 
> Publishing moratoria for end of 2014 : http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0001.html
> 
> 2) Minutes approval
> 
> Approve minutes from 15 May 2014
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014May/att-0022/minutes-2014-05-15.html
> 
> proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 15 May 2014 are approved
> 
> 3) Last Call CfCs: Battery, HTML Media Capture, Light, Vibration
> 
> Please review drafts and respond to CfC which closes 13 June  (Friday after DAP call)
> 
> Battery CfC; http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0029.html
> 
> HTML Media Capture CfC; http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0028.html
> 
> Ambient Light Events CfC: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0027.html
> 
> Vibration API CfC: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0026.html
> 
> Plan to publish 19 June with LC End 25 July (5 weeks)
> 
> Upon CfC agreement Editors to prepare publication drafts, adding diff link to status section, running pub rules check.
> 
> 4) Proximity
> 
> Proximity waiting on implementer interest/use cases: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0019.html
> 
> Next steps, thoughts?
> 
> 5) Network Service Discovery
> 
> sent summary and updated questions to Web & TV group http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0012.html (Frederick)
> 
> added issues based on Youenn feedback: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014May/0029.html (Frederick)
> 
> All DAP issues are NSD issues: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/open
> 
> 6) Named Web Sockets
> 
> see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014May/0032.html
> 
> next steps?
> 
> 7) Standby API and Charter
> 
> "Proposed approach to progressing Standby API with respect to DAP Charter http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014May/0077.html
> 
> Please review and solicit AC Rep feedback. Team is investigating as well.
> 
> 8) Standby API 
> 
> Start of thread, initial proposal attached: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Feb/0001.html (Dariel Marlow)
> 
> Info on implementation work http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014May/0034.html (Anssi)
> 
> Related earlier technical work http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014May/0038.html (Anssi)
> 
> Dom Proposal http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014May/0049.html
> 
> Marcos alternative proposal http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014May/0054.html
> 
> Status of list discussion, more proposals?
> 
> 9) Testing & Implementations
> 
> Test Facilitators: Zhiqiang volunteered for all apart from Battery. Marcos volunteered for battery.
> 
> Status update and next steps?  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0016.html
> 
> 10) Action Review
> 
> Open Actions
> 
> ACTION-523: Anssi Kostiainen to Work on test cases for battery, vibration, and HTML Media Capture
> 
> Pending Actions
> 
> ACTION-689: Frederick Hirsch to Send cfc to update html media capture with proposal for security/privacy consideration, 1 week cfc
> 
> ACTION-690: Frederick Hirsch to Reply to youenn re use cases etc
> 
> ACTION-691: Frederick Hirsch to Make cfc to update battery and do another lc per suggested changes from google
> 
> ACTION-692: Frederick Hirsch to Send cfc to remove light level event from ambient light, return to lc
> 
> ACTION-693: Frederick Hirsch to Send message to confirm firefox status and plans to update for vibration
> 
> ACTION-695: Frederick Hirsch to Check with microsoft dap members regarding plans for implementation and interop participation
> 
> ACTION-696: Mounir Lamouri to Update battery draft to incorporate promises change, add promises reference, update status section, spell check/link check/validation check. (cfc already approved for these changes)
> 
> ACTION-697: Anssi Kostiainen to Update html media capture editors draft with updated status section, spell check/link check/validation check
> 
> ACTION-698: Anssi Kostiainen to Update ambient light api editors draft to remove lightlevelevent (involves removing section 6 as well as updating other sections), update status section, spell check/link check/validation check
> 
> 11) Other Business
> 
> 12) Adjourn
> 
> Meeting Details:
> 
> Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, or +44.117.370.6152
> Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
> IRC channel: 
> irc://irc.w3.org:6667/dap
> 
> Instructions on meetings : 
> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/#meetings
> 
> regards, Frederick
> 
> Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
> Chair, W3C DAP Working Group
> @fjhirsch
> 
> 
> 
Received on Tuesday, 10 June 2014 20:36:29 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 23 October 2017 14:54:03 UTC