Re: [proximity] status and next steps?

From: Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 19:44:39 +1000
To: Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com>, W3C APIs WG Device <public-device-apis@w3.org>
On Fri, 6 Jun 2014, at 0:25, Frederick Hirsch wrote:
> The Proximity Events API is in CR, with a Firefox implementation and
> Chromium intent to implement.
>
> According to our roadmap we have an incomplete test case.
>
> Thus we are waiting on an additional implementation as well as a test
> case update.
>
> Is this correct? Does anyone have any new progress or issues to report?

On the Blink side, there has been some interest expressed and a
discussion following [1]. The tl;dr is that some individuals were not
convinced about the use cases. Since then, there has been no progress on
this.

[1]
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msg/blink-dev/LtWEeH0QJvg/mbRvZ8pAaYcJ

-- Mounir