Re: Work on new charter? (was: Call for potential DAP charter additions - please respond by 7 July 2014)

On August 12, 2014 at 3:47:56 AM, Dominique Hazael-Massieux (dom@w3.org) wrote:
> One topic that was raised by the discussion on the standby API and that
> a new charter could address was the desirability for the group to start
> work on new deliverables with a shorter cycle than what is currently
> required for a full rechartering; in particular, it was pointed out that
> some groups (e.g. HTML, perhaps CSS) have the ability to start new specs
> as long as they fit in the general description of the scope of their
> charters.
>
> Input on the desirability of updating our charter would be welcome.

I don't know what model/process to use, but I'm obviously in favor of this. Why can't we just do like a 3 week CFC for new items - that gives anyone with IPR time to raise a concern (publicly, or privately to the team). The charter is already broad enough to basically allow us to standardize any device API - so people who join this group, or haven't, already know what the scope is.