We are not currently pushing to merge it into WebKit.
I guess LC would be the time for that.
I am not very familiar with WebKit internal process and cannot really comment on how/when that will come.

> Does the implementation include the CORS support? When would you expect
> to update for Promises?

For CORS support, whitelisting is left out to the particular platform that embeds the WebKit library.
For convenience, the idea would be to add the computation of the cors-enabled/legacy device flag within the WebKit library.
This is not yet implemented but should be fairly quick.

As of promises, at the time of decision, we were not yet fully settled on promise implementation stability in WebKit.
We will check again promises implementation status once the NSD API will be finalized.
We think some ironing of the API would be good to have, in particular to improve the UI/UX and wonder how promises fit there.
I will shortly send a separate mail.

> If it is merged into the WebKit trunk, that still does not mean browser
> implementation (unless I am mistaken). Do you have any visibility on browser
> implementation plans, are any specifics on implementation plans available?

I do not have any information on browser plans yet.

> If you receive any implementer feedback related to the specification, can
> you please share on this public list?

Sure.