Re: [vibration] How to handle iframes?

From: Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 15:35:39 +0000
To: Michael van Ouwerkerk <mvanouwerkerk@google.com>
CC: Michael van Ouwerkerk <mvanouwerkerk@chromium.org>, "<public-device-apis@w3.org>" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
On Sep 4, 2013, at 6:18 PM, Michael van Ouwerkerk <mvanouwerkerk@google.com>
 wrote:

> Is there any precedent for restricting to top level browsing context? It would make the API less useful, so I don't find it an attractive solution.

W3C's Privacy Interest Group did a privacy review of the Proximity Events and Ambient Light Events specs and suggested we limit the events to the top-level browsing context.

I also recall there was some discussion on improving the privacy of Geolocation API similarly, but I'm not sure if that ever landed to the spec.

What would be your preferred solution re iframes?