RE: ISSUES-131: Support UPnP device discovery by Device Type?

Hi,

I agree with Cathy about the permission consideration. The access permission should be granted in UPnP device level, since CE devices generally provide users with a way to change UPnP Friendly name per UPnP device levels. The following is an example to change the [Renderer Name] of the TV.

http://docs.esupport.sony.com/imanual/NA/EN/hx850/c_nwset_detail.html

In the real world, searching by UPnP device type is more important than searching by UPnP service type.

PS. I could attend the today's teleconference after the web and tv IG's one, about at 10:00am ESD. I am afraid of missing this discussion. if any question or a different opinion, please send it to this reflector.

Tatsuya Igarashi (Tatsuya.Igarashi@jp.sony.com)
Information Technology Development Div, R&D Platform
Sony Corporation