Re: quick way to eol TRs -> was Re: [admin] Updating /TR/shortname for shelved work items

On Oct 15, 2013, at 8:13 PM, Wayne Carr <wayne.carr@linux.intel.com> wrote:

> There apparently is a simple way to publish a /TR/shortname that indicates the draft is no longer worked on [1].  You can publish a 1/2 page Group Note that just says why the draft isn't being worked on anymore.  That has all the previous links to the TR and editor's draft.  So you don't have to go through rechecking the previous TR to republish that with the note because you aren't republishing the actual draft in what replaces the /TR/shorname/.  You're just publishing the note.
>
> Here's an example of where that was done before[1].
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-acss
>
> That seems a quick way to indicate in the short name that the draft is dead.

Wayne - thanks for the pointer. This makes it *very clear* the spec is obsoleted, and should also simplify the publishing process.

Frederick - I suggest we try this shortcut for updating /TR/shortname for the group's shelved documents, if no concerns.