[discovery-api] Adding user opt-in UI non-normatively to the spec

From: Rich Tibbett <richt@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 20:44:29 +1100
To: Device APIs Working Group <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Hi,

Whenever discussion of the Network Services Discovery API comes up
outside this group it is usually followed by some level of confusion
on how 'user authorization opt-in' UI is intended to be implemented
(i.e. how users ultimately choose the network services to share with a
web page).

While it is generally a good idea for W3C specs not to dive too deeply
in to UI specifics within specifications it may still be a good idea
to add a basic opt-in UI/UX example to the spec in a non-normative
annex.

The UI/UX suggestion that I'm proposing to add to the spec is:

http://people.opera.com/richt/release/specs/discovery/tpac2011_servicediscovery_ui_1.png
http://people.opera.com/richt/release/specs/discovery/tpac2011_servicediscovery_ui_2.png

These mock-ups can be updated as necessary.

Are there any objections to adding this as a non-normative annex?
Alternatively, anyone else have alternative UI/UX proposals we should
include instead here?

Best regards,

Rich