From: Jean-Claude Dufourd [mailto:jean-claude.dufourd@telecom-paristech.fr]
Sent: lundi 4 novembre 2013 11:59
To: FABLET Youenn; Rich Tibbett
Cc: Device APIs Working Group
Subject: Re: [discovery-api] NSD and promises, questions

This looks orthogonal to ProgressPromise. Promises are independant from the user validation mechanism.
Best regards
JC

Le 4/11/13 11:32 , FABLET Youenn a écrit :

Would ProgressPromise be suitable for the following scenario:

1. A user agrees that a web app can always get informed of the process of a given set of services if they are available.

2. The web app calls the NSD API

3. The browser immediately sends back the matching pre-agreed services

4. The browser shows an info bar in case the user wants to disclose other services to the web app

5a. The user starts interacting with the pre-agreed services (no need to interact with the infobar)

Or

5b. The user clicks on the info bar to disclose other services.

This design would allow zero-click access to pre-agreed services (helping data minimization in a sense) while still enabling user to extend the set of disclosed services.

Regards,

 Youenn