See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 08 May 2013
<scribe> scribe: Josh_Soref
<fjh> Reminder, June F2F has been canceled, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Mar/0035.html
<fjh> fjh: Dom has added new comma tool; ,diff now creates diff against previous version. Nice!
<fjh> Approve minutes from 24 April 2013
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 24 April 2013 are approved
fjh: i'm loath to shelve
... i've been trying to get visibility into the implementation from the implementers
... but i haven't been able to
... i think they need to be shelved
... jungkee sent a message to the members list about working at it at TPAC
... i know dcheng3 supported shelving
Josh_Soref: i support shelving
fjh: i'm going to send out a CfC for shelving
<fjh> ACTION: fjh to send CfC re shelving Web Intents, Web Intents Addendum, Pick Media Intent, Pick Contacts intent [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-dap-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-630 - Send CfC re shelving Web Intents, Web Intents Addendum, Pick Media Intent, Pick Contacts intent [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2013-05-15].
<fjh> Scheduled F2F at TPAC (Shenzhen China), Thu/Fri 14-15 November
fjh: We're considering having a 1/2 day w/ MC TF
... likely to do that during Thu/Fri
... that's what the chairs are proposing
... i'd suggest meeting Thu/Fri
... it isn't clear what we're going to need
... if we do the MC TF, we'll probably have enough material
... that's the tentative plan
<fjh> TPAC Visa requirements
fjh: it looks like you'll need to declare your hotel
... and you need the invitation letter
... i haven't started the process of getting visas
... i'll followup and try to share info on the list
... anssik isn't on the call
fjh: anssik has done a bunch of edits
... i think he backed out a change he was going to make
fjh: need to make sure we know where we are
<fjh> need to get updated status from editor on these specifications since some changes were made, some proposed but not made, etc. Need to be clear on status.
<anssik> Vibration: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013May/0005.html
<anssik> Proximity and Light: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013May/0008.html
<anssik> if no concerns from the group, I'll update the specs
<anssik> giving ppl time to review the changes
<anssik> revisit these during next week's call
<fjh> thanks. Anssi it wasn't clear to me that you had some additional changes that you decided not to do, as well as some others - is everything recorded in those messages?
<fjh> prefix issue , http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Apr/0054.html (Jean-Claude)
<fjh> awaiting feedback and status from Richt
<fjh> ACTION: fjh to follow up with spec editors regarding status to share on list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-dap-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-631 - Follow up with spec editors regarding status to share on list [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2013-05-15].
<fjh> CR Publication of HTML Media Capture planned for Thursday, 9 May
<fjh> CR transition was approved yesterday
fjh: that should be published tomorrow
<fjh> Test and implementation plan discussion
fjh: we'll have to figure out testing implementation
... currently, implementations are for a previous version
... i think mozilla is working on that
<trackbot> ACTION-446 -- Frederick Hirsch to review security issue http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Aug/0006.html -- due 2011-08-24 -- OPEN
fjh: i think this is way out of date
<trackbot> ACTION-523 -- Anssi Kostiainen to work on test cases for battery, vibration, and HTML Media Capture -- due 2012-08-31 -- OPEN
<trackbot> ACTION-591 -- Greg Billock to work with Mounir and James to create new webintents draft that reflects web activities and issues -- due 2013-03-29 -- OPEN
fjh: 591- i'm not sure what's going on with it
<fjh> I'll follow up with Greg to determine if 591 should be closed
<trackbot> ACTION-621 -- Anssi Kostiainen to create test cases for HTML Media Capture -- due 2013-03-13 -- OPEN
<trackbot> ACTION-622 -- Frederick Hirsch to follow up on concrete actions based on PING input -- due 2013-03-13 -- OPEN
<trackbot> ACTION-625 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to move DAP tests to Git, with help from others as needed -- due 2013-05-01 -- OPEN
<fjh> CfC was agreed to do this, will follow up with Dom
<trackbot> ACTION-626 -- Anssi Kostiainen to update Proximity spec to clarify event constructor aspects -- due 2013-05-01 -- OPEN
<fjh> I think this is done, will confirm and close if so
<trackbot> ACTION-628 -- Anssi Kostiainen to send email to list with final proposal to update the "processing vibration patterns" algorithm to return boolean instead of throwing -- due 2013-05-01 -- OPEN
<anssik> both done
<fjh> close ACTION-628
<trackbot> Closed ACTION-628 Send email to list with final proposal to update the "processing vibration patterns" algorithm to return boolean instead of throwing.
<anssik> also 626
<fjh> close ACTION-626
<trackbot> Closed ACTION-626 Update Proximity spec to clarify event constructor aspects.
<fjh> closing pending items
<fjh> close ACTION-627
<trackbot> Closed ACTION-627 Contact Robin about returning booleans versus exceptions for cookbook update.
<fjh> close ACTION-629
<trackbot> Closed ACTION-629 Ask about latency and estimation mechanism for network information on DAP list.
<fjh> anssik, we need to be clear on the status of Proximity, Light, Vibration edits, whether they are done, which proposals are not going to be done etc. Can you please send a summary to the list?
<trackbot> ISSUE-127 -- Status section of Battery CR draft should include exit criteria and at-risk items -- open
<trackbot> ISSUE-128 -- Need more description on how bandwidth should be estimated -- open
[ adjourned ]
trackbot, end meeting