From: frederick.hirsch@nokia.com [mailto:frederick.hirsch@nokia.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 4:19 PM
To: Paul Cotton
Cc: public-device-apis@w3.org
Subject: Re: [vibration] HTML5 reference and links ( LC-2764)

 Dear Paul Cotton ,

The Device APIs Working Group has reviewed the comments you sent [1] on the Last Call Working Draft [2] of the Vibration API published on 23 May 2013.
Thank you for having taken the time to review the document and to send us comments!

The Working Group's response to your comment is included below, and has been implemented in the new version of the document available at:
http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/vibration/.

Please review it carefully and let us know by email at public-device-apis@w3.org if you agree with it or not before 13 June 2013.
In case of disagreement, you are requested to provide a specific solution for or a path to a consensus with the Working Group. If such a consensus cannot be achieved, you will be given the opportunity to raise a formal objection which will then be reviewed by the Director during the transition of this document to the next stage in the W3C Recommendation Track.

Thanks,

For the Device APIs Working Group,
Dominique Hazaƫl-Massieux
W3C Staff Contact

 1.
http://www.w3.org/mid/AB5704B0EEC35B4691114DC04366B37F203BE46C@TK5EX14MBXC296.redmond.corp.microsoft.com
 2. http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-vibration-20130523/

=====

Your comment on 3. Terminology The concepts browsing context and spin the
e...:
> The [vibration] LC Working Draft [1] includes a normative reference to
> HTML 5.0 CR [2].
>
> The normative text of the LC WD refers to HTML5 in the following text:
> 3. Terminology
>
> The concepts browsing
> context<http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/browsers.html#browsing-context>
> and spin the event
> loop<http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/webappapis.html#spin-the-event-loop>
> are defined in
> [HTML5<http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-vibration-20130523/#bib-HTML5>].
> The two links in the above text do NOT refer to the HTML 5.0 CR but
> actually refer to the HTML 5.1 nightly build.  I recommend you change
> the links to refer to the HTML5 CR draft OR change the normative
> reference to HTML 5.1.
>
> /paulc
> HTML WG co-chair
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-vibration-20130523/
> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/
>
> Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
> Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329

Working Group Resolution (LC-2764):
Update specification to refer to HTML 5 CR with the two links in the terminology section ('browsing context' and 'spin the event loop') , http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013May/0063.html

----