Re: Shelving Intents-based specs

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 08:56:17 -0400
To: ext Greg Billock <gbillock@google.com>
CC: public-device-apis <public-device-apis@w3.org>
On 5/14/13 12:52 PM, ext Greg Billock wrote:
> Looks good to me. Shall I make this change and publish it, or is that
> something you need to do?

Hi Greg,

I recommend some bold text in the Status of this Document section that
clearly indicates that work on the spec has stopped and includes a link
to the relevant CfC (in this case, presumably [CfC]). Here's a concrete
example:

[[
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/NOTE-WebIDL-Java-20130514/>

<strong>
    Note: The Working Group
       <a
href="http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2013AprJun/0398.html">reached
consensus</a>
        to stop work on this specification. It is being published for
archival
        reasons and is no longer being progressed along the W3C's
        Recommendation Track.
</strong>
]]

FYI, WebApps has published eight WG Notes and you can find a list of
them in
<http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/PubStatus#Specs_NO_Longer_Active>.

-AB

[CfC]