W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > May 2013

Agenda - Distributed Meeting 8 May 2013

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 18:51:13 +0000
To: <public-device-apis@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Message-ID: <1CB2E0B458B211478C85E11A404A2B2701A79956@008-AM1MPN1-034.mgdnok.nokia.com>
Agenda  Device APIs Working Group  Distributed Meeting  8 May 2013

Meeting details at the bottom of this email.

1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection, announcements

Reminder, June F2F has been canceled, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Mar/0035.html

2) Minutes approval

Approve minutes from 24 April 2013 

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Apr/att-0058/minutes-2013-04-24.html

proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 24 April 2013 are approved

3) Shelving Web Intents, Web Intents Addendum, Pick Media Intent, Pick Contacts intent

Discussion, follow with CfC

4) TPAC F2F

Scheduled F2F at TPAC (Shenzhen China), Thur/Fri 14-15 November. 

Tentative depending on agenda topics, include 1/2 day Media Capture TF session. 

http://www.w3.org/2013/11/TPAC/

TPAC Visa requirements

5) Editor Updates: Proximity, Light, Vibration

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013May/0007.html (Anssi)

6) Editor Update: Network Service Discovery

prefix issue , http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Apr/0054.html (Jean-Claude)

Status and next steps

7)  HTML Media Capture
 
CR Publication of HTML Media Capture planned for Thursday, 9 May.

Test and implementation plan discussion
 
8) Action Review

http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/open

ACTION-446: Frederick Hirsch to Review security issue http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Aug/0006.html

ACTION-523: Anssi Kostiainen to Work on test cases for battery, vibration, and HTML Media Capture

ACTION-591: Greg Billock to Work with Mounir and James to create new webintents draft that reflects web activities and issues

ACTION-621: Anssi Kostiainen to Create test cases for HTML Media Capture

ACTION-622: Frederick Hirsch to Follow up on concrete actions based on PING input

ACTION-625: Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to Move DAP tests to Git, with help from others as needed

ACTION-626: Anssi Kostiainen to Update Proximity spec to clarify event constructor aspects

ACTION-628: Anssi Kostiainen to Send email to list with final proposal to update the "processing vibration patterns" algorithm to return boolean instead of throwing

http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/pendingreview

Close pending review items

ACTION-627: Frederick Hirsch to Contact Robin about returning booleans versus exceptions for cookbook update

ACTION-629: Frederick Hirsch to Ask about latency and estimation mechanism for network information on DAP list

9) Issue Review

[OPEN] ISSUE-127 : Status section of Battery CR draft should include exit criteria and at-risk items 
/2009/dap/track/issues/127 

[OPEN] ISSUE-128 : Need more description on how bandwidth should be estimated ; on [Network Information API] 
/2009/dap/track/issues/12

10)  Other Business

11) Adjourn

Meeting Details:

Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, or +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
IRC channel: 
irc://irc.w3.org:6667/dap

Instructions on meetings : 
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/#meetings

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair, W3C DAP Working Group
Received on Tuesday, 7 May 2013 18:51:55 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 5 February 2014 07:19:05 UTC