Re: Vibration: throwing and pause

From: Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 12:14:20 +0000
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
CC: Justin Lebar <justin.lebar@gmail.com>, "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
On Apr 22, 2013, at 1:36 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Kostiainen, Anssi
> <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com> wrote:
>>  2. Let pattern be list.
>
> Using let twice seems somewhat confusing as pattern is already
> something. Set pattern to list makes more sense. However, maybe this
> method should be variadic? I guess it might be too late to fix that?

Yes, this should be "Set pattern to list" as per your suggestion.

Re making the method variadic, are you thinking of a use case concerning N number of actuators or something else? I don't think we're too late if there's a good use case.

>> 9. If pattern is 0, an empty list, or if the device does not
>>   provide a vibration mechanism (or it is disabled), then return
>>   true and terminate these steps.
>
> Pattern cannot be zero.

Good catch. I'll remove "0" from that step.

I'll send a separate mail with the revised algorithm for everyone to review. I'm hoping we can land this to the spec soon.

Thanks,

-Anssi