Device APIs Working Group Teleconference

10 Jul 2013


See also: IRC log


Anssi_Kostiainen, Cathy_Chan, Frederick_Hirsch, Giri_Mandyam, Josh_Soref, dom


<trackbot> Date: 10 July 2013

<scribe> scribe: Josh_Soref


<fjh> CfC in progress to advance Vibration API to CR (second CR), please respond by 16 July - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Jul/0005.html

<fjh> "MediaStream Image Capture" FPWD published - http://www.w3.org/TR/image-capture/

<gmandyam> Many thanks from my end too

<fjh> TPAC registration open (DAP status not clear, Media Capture TF meeting) - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Jul/0007.html

<fjh> 31 July teleconference cancelled

<gmandyam> Will be at TPAC

Minutes Approval

<fjh> Approve minutes from 3 July 2013

<fjh> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Jul/att-0006/minutes-2013-07-03.html

<fjh> proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 3 July 2013 are approved

RESOLUTION: Minutes from 3 July 2013 are approved

Network Discovery

<fjh> ISSUE-129?

<trackbot> ISSUE-129 -- Simplify Network Service Discovery API -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/129

<fjh> ISSUE-130>

<trackbot> ISSUE-130 -- Enable variety of protocols (e.g. UPnP, Bonour) with protocol independent developer code -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/130

<fjh> ISSUE-131?

<trackbot> ISSUE-131 -- Support UPnP device discovery by Device Type? -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/131

<fjh> ISSUE-132?

<trackbot> ISSUE-132 -- Announce a webapp as a Network Services Discovery -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/132

fjh: we have jcd's open source implementation
... but we discussed last week that we normally expect shipping browser implementations

Cathy: i'll need a bit more time to catch up

Action Review

<fjh> ACTION-523?

<trackbot> ACTION-523 -- Anssi Kostiainen to work on test cases for battery, vibration, and HTML Media Capture -- due 2012-08-31 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/523

<fjh> ACTION-621?

<trackbot> ACTION-621 -- Anssi Kostiainen to create test cases for HTML Media Capture -- due 2013-03-13 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/621

<fjh> anssik: getting internal help on this work

<fjh> anssik: so work is progressing

<fjh> ACTION-637?

<trackbot> ACTION-637 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to arrange for DAP charter extension, per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013May/0078.html -- due 2013-06-12 -- PENDINGREVIEW

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/637

<fjh> ACTION-637: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Jul/0017.html

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-637 Arrange for DAP charter extension, per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013May/0078.html.

<fjh> close ACTION-637

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-637 Arrange for DAP charter extension, per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013May/0078.html.

<fjh> ACTION-639?

<trackbot> ACTION-639 -- Frederick Hirsch to send Vibration CR CfC and make transition request once LC disposition complete -- due 2013-07-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/639

<fjh> ACTION-639: CfC sent, once CfC completes will make transition and publication requests.

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-639 Send Vibration CR CfC and make transition request once LC disposition complete.

<fjh> ACTION-640?

<trackbot> ACTION-640 -- Frederick Hirsch to respond to Nick and Rigo re privacy concerns in Proximity, Light -- due 2013-07-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/640

<fjh> ACTION-641?

<trackbot> ACTION-641 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to do a last check on battery and vibration test cases before merging in github master -- due 2013-07-17 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/641

<fjh> ACTION-642?

<trackbot> ACTION-642 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to review proximity and ambient light test cases -- due 2013-07-17 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/642

<fjh> ACTION-643?

<trackbot> ACTION-643 -- Anssi Kostiainen to review Ambient Light and Proximity test cases by Sept -- due 2013-07-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/643

Issue Review

<fjh> network service discovery issues listed in previous agenda item

<fjh> ISSUE-128?

<trackbot> ISSUE-128 -- Need more description on how bandwidth should be estimated -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/128

Other Business

gmandyam: i'm wondering if we should abandon the network information api
... in favor of the work in sysapps
... which may be more like a connectivity manager api
... it might be more focused on wireless apis

fjh: that came up
... i read that there was a slight nuance between the two
... the one in sysapps was more about control
... but if this isn't progressing, we'll probably need to shelve it
... i was hesitant to shelve it, because i thought there was some implementation support
... i don't like the idea of letting things look like they're progressing if they're not

anssik: we should talk to mounir

Josh_Soref: Mozilla is having a Work Week in Toronto including the WebAPIs people

fjh: i should be checking with them on the Web Activity work

Josh_Soref: i can ask them about that too
... we should thank dom for getting the charter extension approved

fjh: thanks all
... have a good day

<dom> (regrets for me until first week of Aug)

[ adjourned ]

trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009-03-02 03:52:20 $