See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 16 January 2013
<scribe> ScribeNick: fjh
<scribe> ScribeNick: fjh
<gmandyam> Giri Mandyam from QuIC joining
draft Media Capture TF F2F agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2013Jan/0042.html
fjh: who is planning on attending
... Giri, Josh plan to attend
lgombos: also likely to attend
josh_soref: of course travis will attend
RESOLUTION: Draft minutes from 9 January 2013 are approved.
richt: I have missed some meetings due to scheduling conflict, have seen feedback on list, need to reply
... valid technical discussion, as well as scope change requests
... scope is interesting discussion, some want more UPnP support, some want to expand scope
... Opera has been talking to other browser vendors, would prefer to reduce scope, want to get other browser vendors on board
... nothing in spec has changed in 3 months, have implementation, plan to update draft
... more time to work on this from 1 Feb
fjh: is it possible for you to send email regarding scope earlier than Feb
richt: would rather work with other browsers to work on web like approach earlier, reduce to URLs
cathy: was planning to consolidate outstanding comments, but maybe not necessary with significant changes?
richt: will not make changes to spec until list discussion first
fjh: seems like consolidation of comments would still be helpful
cathy: ok, I will do this then
fjh: Propose change of date to May to enable hosting (e.g. during week of 12th, 19th May), since we are having hosting problems for the chosen date
... I am unable to host that date, neither is Diana, and Bryan indicated not being able to host in Redmond, and Seattle would be too expensive
... in addition if we change the date we might be able to do 3 days if we need to
... Diana is checking on hosting, I will ask Bryan to check for May, I have reserved 21-23 May in Burlington
... any objection to changing the date
niklas: which date will we use
fjh: not sure, will first get offers for hosting then have questionnaire
RESOLUTION: DAP F2F will NOT be 9-10 April, but in May depending on hosting availability
fjh: we also need to make sure to have a meaningful and productive agenda to justify a f2f. Two big things are to progress a new draft of Network Service Discovery and to progress WebIntents/Web Activities
... I believe we should be seeing more of WebIntents this month, hopefully a proposal
lgombos: agreeing with Bryan, please refer to email
... we should be clear that the spec already highlights that it is not necessarily metered, so we could simply change the name
fjh: let us take this to the list
nwidell: I agree, we need more use case discussion
fjh: can you please help with use cases?
<lgombos> my e-mail is partially a response to implementor feedback (from WebKit)
nwidell: limited on time, but will see what I can do, certainly can comment. We need to be sure to limit our scope
Ambient Light Events LC published 13 December 2012, http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-ambient-light-20121213/ ; LC ends 26 January.
Proximity Events LC published 6 December 2012. LC ends 24 January.
pointer to consolidated CSS document http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Jan/0013.html (Josh)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Jan/0021.html (proposed comment resolution)
fjh: review is happening in the PING, privacy interest group, that review ends 17th, should get feedback
... some of the discussion is how privacy requires a systemic view, which I've been saying - but we will see what feedback we get. You can check out the PING list as well
anssik: have addressed last call comments and sent mail to list
fjh: I need to close LC issue for Tab
... need to think about bigger issues as well
anssi: doug turner is busy with release right now, also need implementations to back proposals
fjh: rick's latest on this - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Jan/0023.html
anssik: could extend API to deal with multiple sensors, had earlier discussion about adding identifier
... proximity event could include id to identify sensor, so can address use case with current spec
... not sure about changing for 'better design", issue of rework of code and prefer implementation experience
... do we want a spec that is implemented or one that is cleaner but not implemented
fjh: anssik, it would be helpful for you to respond to Rick
<trackbot> ACTION-605 -- Anssi Kostiainen to update Ambient Light specification for LC-2737 , bringing queueing order update from Proximity to Ambient Light -- due 2013-01-16 -- OPEN
<trackbot> ACTION-606 -- Anssi Kostiainen to update Proximity and Ambient Light to define events, per LC-2738 -- due 2013-01-16 -- OPEN
<trackbot> ACTION-607 -- Anssi Kostiainen to update Ambient Light per LC-2737, bringing any questions to the list -- due 2013-01-16 -- OPEN
<trackbot> Closed ACTION-605 Update Ambient Light specification for LC-2737 , bringing queueing order update from Proximity to Ambient Light.
<trackbot> Closed ACTION-606 Update Proximity and Ambient Light to define events, per LC-2738.
<trackbot> Closed ACTION-607 Update Ambient Light per LC-2737, bringing any questions to the list.
<trackbot> Closed ACTION-601 Prepare updated WD of HTML Media Capture in preparation for publication on 18 December (assuming WG agreement 12 Dec).
<trackbot> ACTION-592 -- Niklas Widell to provide draft sensors landscape document -- due 2012-11-09 -- OPEN
nwidell: have created a draft but it is not finished
... cannot work more on this
fjh: is it possible to share what you have done
nwidell: will check
<trackbot> Closed ACTION-567 to provide proposed resolutions for HTML Media Capture last call comments, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Aug/0045.html.
fjh: if you believe an action should be closed, in general please move to Pending state
<trackbot> Closed ACTION-579 Add reference to clarify "implicit consent" in HTML Media Capture, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Sep/0122.html.
<trackbot> Closed ACTION-586 Review Battery tests.
<trackbot> Closed ACTION-604 Request offers of hosting.
<trackbot> Closed ACTION-608 Update LC-2731 as completed.
<trackbot> Closed ACTION-609 Ask Rick to make proposal for change, summarizing use cases and benefits of change.
<trackbot> Closed ACTION-610 Contact Richt offline re network service discovery.
<trackbot> Closed ACTION-558 Draft a proposal for stills capture for gUM.
fjh: robin confirmed we can close this one
<trackbot> Closed ACTION-560 Coordinate with PF to figure out which DAP specs, if any, have accessibility dependencies.
fjh: robin noted that he established coordination with PF, but we should inform PF on upcoming LCs
reminder - Anssi will reply to Rick, Cathy will consolidate and send message re Network Service Discovery, Richt will work on it as soon as he can, Frederick to follow up on F2f hosting and create questionnaire, Nicklas to check on sharing use cases both for network information and sensors, Frederick to work on closing Tab LC comment, Diana to check on hosting