Re: [ambient light events LC] Feedback ( LC-2736)

From: Anssi Kostiainen <anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 13:31:33 +0200
Cc: "Hirsch Frederick (Nokia-CIC/Boston)" <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>, "<jackalmage@gmail.com>" <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "<public-device-apis@w3.org>" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
To: ext Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
On 25.1.2013, at 18.17, ext Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:

> Le vendredi 25 janvier 2013 à 18:09 +0200, Anssi Kostiainen a écrit :
>> $ phantomjs respec2html.js Overview.src.html Overview.html
>
> Great! That's what I was planning to do as part of my action-611, but
> that's that much less on my plate.

Always happy to help :)

> My idea was to run this automatically each time a .src.html file is
> commited in one of our workspace, and commit the resulting .html file —
> would that work better for you, Anssi, or do you prefer doing that
> conversion on your own?

Personally I'm happy with the local respec2html conversion, and actually, anything scriptable. The main benefit of the local conversion [over the server-side conversion] is we can point people to a single commit that includes changes to both the source (Overview.src.html) and the generated output (Overview.html). I think most Anolis-authored specs are published in such a way too.