[ambient light] Updated ED as per LC comments

From: Anssi Kostiainen <anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 15:08:08 +0200
To: "public-device-apis public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>

I volunteered to help Doug with Ambient Light Events spec edits. To start with, I updated the Editor's Draft [ED] as per my actions. I also found one untracked LC comment that was addressed too.

Below is an overview of changes and links to details:

* ACTION-605: Update Ambient Light specification for [LC-2737], bringing queueing order update from Proximity to Ambient Light

- address Anne's Proximity LC feedback, applies to Ambient Light Events too <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Dec/0016.html>:

- define enum LightLevelState:

[I note that the formatting of enum may not be optimal, changing that requires changes to ReSpec.]

- remove RFC terms from notes <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Dec/0016.html>:

* ACTION-606: Update Proximity and Ambient Light to define events, per [LC-2738]

- define default values for the event interface members <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Dec/0055.html>

* ACTION-607: Update Ambient Light per [LC-2737], bringing any questions to the list

All except the following is addressed by ACTION-605:

If your device is not doing anything, e.g. completely stationary,
these sensors would theoretically not change and you would never be
able to get the actual state. That might be a mostly academic problem,
but this seems like another set of events that violate the spirit of
DOM Events. Kinda ambivalent on whether that's good or bad, but I
think it at least ought to be pointed out more clearly. And perhaps we
ought to define this more explicitly by having some kind of hook in

Any suggestions how to address the above concern?

I also addressed the following feedback that was not explicitly tracked:

- address Tab's editorial comments re intros, notes <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2012Dec/0050.html>:

All - please review the changes, and let us know if you have any concerns or further feedback.

[ED] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/light/Overview.html

[LC-2737] https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/43696/WD-ambient-light-20121213/2737

[LC-2738] https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/43696/WD-ambient-light-20121213/2738