Re: [admin] CfC completed - publish W3C Notes for TR shelved items to clarify status

Hi All,

On 04 Nov 2013, at 17:16, Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com wrote:

> The CfC to publish W3C Notes for the shelved DAP specifications that had WD publications has completed.
>
> Given the support on the DAP call and no disagreement on the list we will publish the Notes using the method suggested by Wayne (see below, thanks again Wayne).

To clarify the status of the shelved DAP specification, I’ve prepared a bunch of W3C Working Group Notes:

 http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/calendar/NOTE.src.html

 http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/messaging/NOTE.src.html

 http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/system-info/NOTE.src.html

 https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/default/gallery/NOTE.src.html

 https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/default/contacts/NOTE.src.html

 https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/default/wi-addendum-local-services/NOTE.src.html

> (Given the clear indication of status in the WebIntents Note publication I see no need for an update related to that Note).

Agreed. No need to publish an update of this one.

> Anssi, are you able to prepare these Notes for publication?

Yep. The contents of the W3C Working Group Notes is pruned down to:

* The standard headers (spec name, maturity, pub date, /TR links, editors, boilerplate)
* Abstract (from the latest published version)
* Status of This Document (identical in all the specifications)

This minimalistic template has been used before as Wayne pointed out, for example see:

 http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-acss

I will generate the HTML snapshots ready for publication within a week or after the group is happy with the wording and the template. FWIW, this minimalistic template seems to pass both pubrules and link checker.

Please review and let us know if you identify any issues. I set the publication date tentatively to 09 January 2014, but this can be changed if needed.