Re: Vibration: throwing and pause

[ + Justin ]

Hi Justin, Anne,

Justin - Anne would like to see vibrate() not throw. Are you aware of any related issues with the current implementation https://bugzil.la/679966?

> Also, I think the IDL should say "(unsigned long or sequence<unsigned
> long>) pattern"

The IDL change seems proper, and matches implementations IIUC. Justin?

>>> Also, "pause"?! Is that intentional?
>>
>> This was fixed in the Editor's Draft, see "spin the event loop":
>>
>>  http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/vibration/
>
> So why does that spin the event loop?

To make the vibration pattern behave as expected. Or is there a more appropriate construct for this?

> Having this method be synchronous seems really bad.

The method is synchronous for the sake of simplicity, for the web developer that is.