Re: Vibration: throwing and pause

From: Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 17:12:04 +0000
To: "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
CC: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Hi,

On Apr 11, 2013, at 5:24 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> Since there are so many opportunities for the UA to just say "fuck it"
> having this method sometimes maybe throw seems more like a burden than
> an actual help to developers. I recommend not throwing at all.

This feature is shipping in Firefox for Android and Firefox OS.

Have you received feedback from developers that this is a burden?

> Also, "pause"?! Is that intentional?

This was fixed in the Editor's Draft, see "spin the event loop":

  http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/vibration/

[This reminds me that we may want to publish a new /TR snapshot.]

-Anssi