CfC: remove search from Pick Contacts Web Intent - please respond by 25 Sept 2012

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 19:30:08 +0000
To: <public-device-apis@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
On today's DAP teleconference  [1] we discussed removing search from the Pick Contacts Intent draft [2].  Our discussion included a number of reasons, including the fact that service providers may be better positioned to offer integration of search with a meaningful and familiar user interface, that matching depends on semantics that may not be immediately obvious and may be coupled to the service, and a general desire to simplify the specification.

Specifically this would mean removing the ContactIntentExtras dictionary definition (4.1.1) and its use case (and would also require an update to Example 1).

This is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to remove this search functionality from the Pick Contacts Intent draft.  Support with a +1 to the list is preferred, silence will be considered agreement, concern should be expressed to the list.  Please respond by 25 Sept 2012.

Thanks

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair, W3C DAP Working Group