Re: When should a Device API be exposed? Re: Atmospheric pressure sensosr API

From: Doug Turner <doug.turner@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 09:43:03 -0700
To: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Cc: "Tran, Dzung D" <dzung.d.tran@intel.com>, "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
We have been exposing many of these APIs as events.  You can always
register for non-existing events, right?

.addEventListener("ILoveCookies", handler, false);

So, with this approach, you will not be able to determine if there is
any hardware backing the API.  I think the fallback is that if you
don't get a result in some reasonable amount of time, you assume that
there isn't any hw backing the API.

Doug