W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > October 2012

Editorial: Pick Contacts Web Intent - British English

From: Josh Soref <jsoref@rim.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 21:07:03 +0000
To: DAP <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Message-ID: <957F1ECDA90E004B8DBDE23CFC94E3A33A59BA83@XMB103ECNC.rim.net>
I've spent a wee bit of time looking at Pick Contacts [1] today. 

It appears to have en-GB bits. These should be fixed, they include:

"maximise" s.b. " maximize"
"recognise" s.b. "recognize"
"unauthorised" s.b. "unauthorized"

Please note that W3's official language [2] is en-US, not en-GB nor en-CA. Any time people diverge from this, we produce harder to handle documents.

I thought that I had fixed this in some previous incarnation of contacts, but I suspect it got lost, I'm sorry.

[1] http://w3c-test.org/dap/contacts/
[2] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information, privileged material (including material protected by the solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.
Received on Tuesday, 23 October 2012 21:07:37 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 23 October 2012 21:07:37 GMT