RE: Pick Media Intent Review

From: FABLET Youenn <Youenn.Fablet@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 16:55:02 +0000
To: Jungkee Song <jungkee.song@samsung.com>
CC: "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>, "'WebIntents'" <public-web-intents@w3.org>
Hi Jungkee,

I can understand that services may provide different UIs for the two pickers.
I can also see why some client applications may prefer using one picker or the other.
But it is not clear to me why a service provider should provide one or the other picker, if the difference mostly lies in the output being one or multiple and metadata is more or less rich.
I may lack some past discussion context here.

As of my last comment, there is probably a misunderstanding.
I am not pushing for pick media intent filtered selection based on mime type.
Although that may be handy, browsers will anyway find good ways of handling that for their users.
I was suggesting that an application could state to the service provider whether it wants images, videos, audios or a mix.
That may help the provider page optimize its communication (please send me only images), user interface (go directly to my music folder)...