Device Storage API

From: Doug Turner <doug.turner@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 05:13:14 -0700
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
Jonas Sicking has spec out something we're calling Device Storage.  It
allows accessing media files from well known locations.  We are using
this in B2G for our Gallery, Music, and Video players.  It is a very
simple and tight API that allows you to get, store, and enumerate
files.

The interface looks like:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/DeviceStorageAPI

Usage is simple:

var storage = navigator.getDeviceStorage("pictures");
request = storage[0].addNamed(blob, "a/b/c/img100.png");

I am not sure how far along Gallery is, but is this be something that
the DAP would be interested in?

Doug