Re: About Sensor API Specification

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 15:17:31 +0100
To: dengjun <dengjun@ucweb.com>
Cc: public-device-apis <public-device-apis@w3.org>

On Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 8:20 AM, dengjun wrote:

> hi all,
> The Working Group has currently shelved the Sensor API,who can tell me why.

I think the WG is trying to split the Sensor spec into smaller use-case-driven specs like "Proximity Sensors":
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/proximity/Overview.html

This allows for more rapid and focused standardization process … and hopefully reduces the authoring complexity that accompany more generalized/catch-all designs.

--
Marcos Caceres